COVID-19 Skier Guidelines
Below are our guidelines for skiers visiting Strafford Nordic Center for the 2020-21 season. View our full Operational Plan here.
GENERAL COVID GUIDELINES FOR SKIERS:
- Lodge, bathroom and grooming operations have moved to a different location this year: Tamarack Hill Farm at approximately 170 Brook Rd. The secondary driveway for the farm will be used for skier access, please follow signs on Brook Rd. There is no trail access this year from Rockbottom Farm, please do not drive up Rockbottom Road.
- Skiers are required to wear a minimum 2 ply mask while in the parking lot, tents, port-o-let and trailhead areas.
- Skiers are required to wear a mask while skiing with others not from the same household, and when passing other skiers.
- The lodge is only available to employees. There is a window for check-in, questions and ticket sales.
- Skiers are required to check-in at the lodge window to provide contact tracing information, and show proof of ticket purchase, before starting to ski.
- Skiers will need to verify that they meet VT state quarantine and travel guidelines, or they will not be allowed to ski. Please check the state website for the most current guidelines.
- Tent spaces are available for changing and storage only. Remaining in a tent for longer than the time it takes to get yourself ready to go ski is not allowed.
- Tents are limited to one household or 4 individuals at a time.
- Signage on site will direct skiers to parking, the check in area, tents and trailhead.
TICKETS: Advance ticket purchase ON-LINE is preferred in order to minimize contact on-site. Wifi will be available on site to make your purchase via your cell phone if you did not plan ahead.
SKIER CHECK IN: We have moved the lodge/check in area to Tamarack Hill Farm for this season, just a few hundred feet down from the usual driveway. All skiers are required to check in at the Lodge “window” for contract tracing purposes and Covid Travel Attestation – follow signs. Tickets and passes will be revoked for those who do not comply.
LODGE: There will be no indoor lodge space available to the public. We have set up 4 outdoor tents for changing and shoe storage, though we recommend that you use your car. Only one family, or 4 people, will be allowed in at one time, and “hanging out” is not allowed.
PARKING: Enter the driveway at the Strafford Nordic Center Sign about 50 feet uphill from Tamarack Hill Farm at 166 Brook Rd, Strafford VT. After you enter the driveway, Parking is allowed along either side of the driveway or near the lodge. Signs will be posted locating the check-in and trailhead area.